The need for brake repairs or replacements is based on the degree of wear your brake system experiences, which depends on your driving style, weather conditions, and many other things.
Depending on what’s needed brake service can be a number of different things. Brake service is a performance-based type of maintenance, so the timing is individual for each vehicle. Certain components of brakes get serviced more than others. The most common kinds of brake service in Lake Stevens, WA, at Stryker Brothers Automotive include the following:
- Brake Pad & Shoe Replacements from 20-60,000 miles
- Brake Rotor Machine-Polishing or Replacement Done with Brake Pad Replacement
- Replacing the Brake Caliper or Caliper Pin as Needed
- Brake Fluid Flush Performed Every 2 years or 30,000 miles
In order to determine the need for brake service, it pays to get your brake system inspected regularly. You can always ask your mechanic to check your brakes at every oil change. Some of the ways that cause brakes to wear fast include:
- Driving on Lots of Hills
- Riding the Brakes
- City Stop-and-Go Driving
- The use of Cheap Brake Pads
The more you do any of the above, the more often you will need to replace your vehicle’s brake pads and shoes. The opposite is also true: The less stress you put on your brakes, the longer you can go without brake service.